STATS: 12 weeks
How far along: 12 weeks, 3 days
How big is baby: He/She is about the size of a plum/lime- a little over 2 inches and 0.5 ounces.
Weight Gain: I've actually lost 2.5 kilos or 5.5 pounds since I first became pregnant. Not to worry- this is normal for the first trimester because of sickness and appetite loss. It'll all come back soon. :)
Maternity clothes: I've tried a few things out. I've also done the rubber band on the jeans to make them a little bigger. I'm not really that much bigger; it just doesn't feel good to have the pressure of jeans on my stomach. I've been wearing a lot of leggings lately.
Sleep: Well, I went from waking about once a night to pee to 3-4 times a night. The other night it was 5 times!! For some reason when I wake up around 4-4:30, it takes me an average of an hour to fall back asleep. But when I wake up at other times of the night and early morning, I fall back asleep pretty fast. I have been tossing and turning. Debating getting a pregnancy pillow when I go back to the States. I've still been extra tired and sleeping more than normal but by the second trimester, I'm supposed to have more energy.
Best moment of the week: will be in 2 days when I get on a plane to go home for 2.5 weeks!
Food cravings: In the past 8 weeks, I have eaten more fast food than I think I have in the last 8 years of my life! For some reason, I'm really loving french fries right now, and McDonald's french fries at that.
Food aversions: I'm eating such a greater variety of foods. I'm trying to get in lots of fruits and veggies and vitamins. I can tolerate a whole lot more foods now. But I think the onion/garlic aversion is hear to stay. I get really nauseous when I smell onions on someone's breath. I can't even describe how terrible it is. I have banned onions from our home. Occasionally Taylor will eat them and I can smell them on his breath for 2 days. Last night was especially rough. I'm so sensitive to the smell of onions that when he eats them and breaths on me while we are sleeping, it wakes me up and I try to make him roll over. Poor guy.
Symptoms: I actually threw up 2 days ago! I thought I was going to make it through the first trimester without ever throwing up but nope guess not. I'm tired a lot. The nausea has really let up although I still have occasional bouts. My stomach has been bloated and gurgly and all. When you're pregnant, your digestive system slows way down so the baby can absorb the maximum amount of nutrients. This translates to major intestinal discomfort for the mama.
Movement: other than my stomach gurgling and rumbling as it slowly tries to digest...nope
Gender: Can't wait to find out. We really want a girl! But a boy is okay too.
What I’m looking forward to: Well, I've been feeling SO much better. I'm really looking forward to going home and surprising everyone!
What I miss: Chick-Fil-A
Next appt: Friday, January 13
What is baby doing this week?: Baby's reflexes are developing this week- fingers opening and closing; toes curling. If I poke my abdomen, baby will squirm in response, although I won't be able to feel it. Yesterday, at our 12 week appointment, baby had hiccups and was squirming and rolling around all over the place. So much so that it was hard to get a good sonogram because baby was so squirmy!
This is so fun to read ash! I wanna do this when im pregnant! keep the updates comin, ill be praying for you! love you! - Mindy
ReplyDelete