Jet lag is kicking my butt. I realize that I already have a bit of a harder time than my husband but come on!!
When he arrived in America, he adjusted pretty much the very first night back. Meanwhile, I was waking up every night around 3 AM...this lastest the whole time I was there- 2 1/2 weeks. I have to think that it's not just jet lag but also the pregnancy.
I just read a pregnancy article that was titled "waking up hungry in the middle of the night?" Yep...that's me. I had a few bowls of cereal at 3 AM when I was in America. And now it's happening here in Korea as I'm trying to readjust to the time change on this side of the world. In the 3 nights that I've been back in Korea, I've woken up at 3, 4, and 2:30 in that order. And every time I wake up, I am hungry. I guess this is one of the side effects of the 2nd trimester. I'll gladly exchange hunger pangs in the middle of the night for nausea at all hours though. It feels good to want food again.
Besides being hungry, I just keep waking up. I have to think that the pregnancy has more of a role than I'm giving it. I'm sure I'm still jet-lagged, but I just don't understand how my husband is not! Ever since the first night that we returned, he has been getting a full night's sleep without waking up once in the middle of the night.
And speaking of sleepless nights...I know God is perfect and all and doesn't make mistakes, but I almost want to question that. Why in the world does He allow pregnant women to have these sleepless nights during pregnancy when nothing but sleepless nights are in the near future with a newborn baby? Wouldn't it make more sense to bless us with the best sleep of our lives before the sleepless nights set in? That's my take.
I think that having us have sleepless nights some when we are pregnant is God's way of helping us be prepared. I remember wondering the same thing but once I had Levi and now that I get to sleep through the night again, I have come to this conclusion. If we slept so great all the way up until our baby was here, then we would be totally shocked and be zombies and not be able to care for our baby in the way that we need to. We get to ease into sleeping only 2 or 3 hours at once, EVER. :) Just a theory though! No idea if that is why...
ReplyDeletethanks for the words of wisdom. :)
ReplyDelete