Well, it's been over a month since I've written. From the last post to now we have:
-Packed up our lives after 2 years in Korea and completely moved out of our apartment there
-Flown
from Seoul to Houston with layovers in Tokyo and LA (Judah has already
been in more airports than some people have in a lifetime!)
-Unpacked just a teeny bit and barely had a chance to get over jet lag (only 2 days) in Houston
-Re-packed
and traveled from Houston - Mt. Pleasant, TX - Oklahoma City - Kansas
City - OKC again - Tulsa - Pine Bluff, AR - Mt. Pleasant - Houston
finally!
Now we are finally beginning to settle in to
life here in Houston. We haven't even been here for a week yet. Judah
has been a little bit fussy but who can blame him with all the traveling!
Overall he is a very happy, pleasant baby. I don't really want to use the term "good" baby (or "bad"), but he is a good baby! Other than the past week haha. I think he has been recovering from traveling plus he seems maybe a little gassy. We visited my friend Jennie yesterday and she said how she thought he was a very good baby. I was surprised to hear that because he was actually extremely fussy- extremely fussy for him just means crying though. Before his routine that we had going in Korea was interrupted, the only time he really ever cried was when he was hungry. Or overtired. But I am usually able to pick up on his tired cues so we never make it to the overtired crying state.
Speaking of hungry cries...the boy is a little dramatic. When he's hungry, HE'S HUNGRY- the world comes to a halt, he cries like his life is falling apart and he hasn't been fed for days. It's kinda pathetic and funny at the same time.
Well, I guess I'm just rambling. I hope to begin writing some posts on things I've learned over the last few months including one on breastfeeding. We'll see if that ever happens. I rarely use an actual computer anymore and blogging is one thing I only do from the computer. I'd trade technology for my little guy every time.
One last word....a random thought just came to mind. This is something I learned from my doula- words have power. Speak affirming words over your child. Even something as seemingly trivial as "poor baby" should be carefully guarded from coming out of your mouth.
This morning I was at Starbucks with my husband. A mom, dad, and child (maybe 2 1/2-3 years old) were walking out and the boy was starting to cry about his drink that he thought he didn't receive. The mom's curt response was "it's right here, dum-dum." Now that's a lot more extreme than "poor baby" but it's a thought worth considering on all ends of the spectrum- be careful of the words that come from your mouth that you speak over your child. And if you don't have children this lesson is still applicable- be careful of the words you speak over anyone. Words have power.
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue"
Proverbs 18:21
No comments:
Post a Comment