STATS:
How far along: 36 weeks, 5 daysHow big is baby: more than 18 1/2 inches long- about the full length he will be at birth. From this point on he's packing on pounds, not length. According to the doctor's computer system that has some formula for guessing, he's about 6 1/2 pounds. He should be about 5 3/4 pounds right now. But the ultrasound can be like a pound off, especially in the last trimester where it can be very inaccurate. I think (and hope) the computations are off, but I've always thought he was gonna be a big baby.
Total Weight gain: 36 pounds for 36 weeks. :/
Maternity Clothes: Yeah and sometimes I find myself having to pull the shirts down to make sure my belly isn't showing. These are the same shirts that were super long and roomy a few months ago.
Wedding Ring: Off. I took my rings off a few days ago. As it's getting warmer outside, I've noticed more swelling. It still fits without cutting off my circulation, but it's more comfortable off.
Stretch Marks: I was examining the lower part of my belly with a handheld mirror since I definitely can't see down there. I think I noticed some purple squiggly marks but don't know for sure.
Sleep: Sleep has been really good overall except for a few nights recently where I was awake at 4:30 AM and could not fall back asleep. I was hungry both times though so I'm wondering if baby is going through a little growth spurt.
Best moment of the week: will be tomorrow- my last day of work!
Food cravings: Fruit.
Food aversions: Onions/sometimes garlic. I don't really like eggs right now either.
Symptoms: Upper back pain. I guess it's the way I'm sleeping but I haven't figured out how to correct it. This has been going on for a loooong time though.
Movement:Yes...lots of moving throughout the day and night when I'm trying to sleep!
Gender: baby boy
What I’m looking forward to: Seeing what he looks like and actually having him on the outside!
What I miss: Panera Bread
What I'm thankful for: A healthy baby. A wonderful husband. A great doula. I'm REALLY thankful that I only have 1 day of work left!!!!!!
Next appt: Tuesday, June 5. I'm about at the point of going once a week now. I had an appointment on Monday with the midwife at the birthing center we will be delivering at and it went really well. I'm very excited about our choice.
What is baby doing this week? Baby is beginning to shed the fuzzy hair as well as some of the vernix that coats his skin. The amniotic fluid is starting to diminish so I might feel less movement.At the end of this week, he will be considered full-term! I'm almost carrying around a full-term baby that could be born at any time. (Please stay in there for a few more weeks!)

No comments:
Post a Comment