STATS:
How far along: 38 weeks, 2 daysHow big is baby: according to the Dr. this past Tuesday, he's about 7.2 pounds. Once again, those calculations can be up to a pound off in either direction. I'm still expecting he'll be somewhere around 8 pounds at birth- hopefully not too far above that.
Total Weight gain: 38 pounds for 38 weeks
Maternity Clothes: I've gotten to the point where I don't like anything pressing against my stomach. Now that I'm not working, I can be extra comfy at home- leggings and a stretch maternity tank top.
Wedding Ring: Off. I tried to put on my rings the other day and my finger just wasn't having it.
Stretch Marks: Sometime in the last 2 weeks or so, these faint, squiggly lines popped up on the underside of my belly. They came out of nowhere! They're faint though and I'm not really worried or upset about it.
Sleep: Now that the little guy has dropped and is engaged in my pelvis, there's a lot of pressure on my bladder. I've been kind of lax about drinking lots of water through the day which causes me to drink more in the evening. I've typically been getting up around 1 time a night to go to the bathroom. And I've been waking up almost every morning at 5, 5:30, or 6 if I'm lucky. I usually lay in bed and play with my ipad if it's still dark out, or read if the sun has come up. Around 7:30 or 8 I start to get tired and take a nap.I've been extra tired lately, but now that I'm not working, I have taken a nap almost every day!
Best moment of the week: the baby shower that some friends at church threw for me on Thursday (pictures to come)
Food cravings: just food in general. When I wake up in the morning I am ravenously hungry but I can't ever seem to figure out what it is exactly that I'd like to eat.
Food aversions: Onions/sometimes garlic.
Symptoms: Heartburn on and off. I already completed a 14-day treatment of OTC Prilosec and that stuff worked miraculously...I had zero heartburn. Almos forgot what it felt like. The heartburn came back after I stopped the treatment, but it's been getting better over the last few days. I think because the baby is really low and engaged in my pelvis now it is improving. I'm trying to use Tums rather than Prilosec when the heartburn does come on. Constant urge to pee!
Movement:Yes. I know it's getting tighter in there though. Sometimes I can see what's probably a knee or foot slide across my stomach. He doesn't have much room anymore. But he still gets the hiccups.
Gender: Boy
What I’m looking forward to: picking my mom up from the airport on Tuesday night!!!!!! 2 more days!
What I miss: the ease and accessibility of everything in America
What I'm thankful for: so much to be thankful for! I'm thankful that baby has stayed put for so long. Thankful that he is full term and if he were to come now, he'd be going home with us without any problems. I'm thankful that I'm done with work and get to rest every day and prepare for baby's arrival. I'm thankful for a wonderful husband that is so very loving and supportive.
Next appt: Wednesday, June 13. In the Doctor's words- "If the baby hasn't come yet"
What is baby doing this week?
Everything is fully developed. He's ready to enter this world. He's getting very crowded and has little room to stretch out his arms and legs. The soft down that covered his skin is disappearing. His wrinkled skin is becoming smooth and plumping up. He's gaining about 1 oz of fat each day.

YAY! YAY! YAY!!! Stopped by to read and got so excited to see this picture!!! YAY!!!
ReplyDelete