Background

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Affirmations for easy, comfortable birthing

The childbirth class we took was called Hypnobirthing. We both really enjoyed it and got a lot out of it. One of the things in the program is something called Birth Affirmations. These are things that you can speak over yourself. There's also an audio recording of them. I've listened to it many times on the way to work. Here are some of my favorite affirmations (ok these are almost all of the affirmations; I only left a few off)

I put all fear aside as I prepare for the birth of my baby.

I am relaxed and happy that my baby is finally coming to me.

 I am focused on a smooth, easy birth.

I trust my body to know what to do and I follow its lead.

 My mind is relaxed; my body is relaxed.

I feel confident; I feel safe; I feel secure.

 My muscles work in complete harmony to make birthing easier.

I feel a natural tranquility flowing through my body.

 I relax as we move quickly and easily through each stage of birth.

My cervix opens and allows my baby to ease downward.

 I see my baby coming smoothly from my womb.

 My baby's birth will be easy because I am so relaxed.

 I breathe correctly and eliminate tension.

 I am prepared to calmly meet whatever turn my birthing may take.

 Each surge of my body brings my baby closer to me.

I deepen my relaxation as I move further into labor.

 I put all fear aside and welcome my baby with happiness and joy.

 My baby's size is perfect for my body; we birth easily.

 I am totally relaxed and at ease.


 Even if you don't take the Hypnobirthing Class, I really recommend the book. It has a lot of good information in it about pregnancy and birth.



 Life and death are in the power of the tongue. Speak life!!

2 comments:

  1. Just curious, what does number 14 mean? Possibly a typo, not really sure how this applies to birthing? Lol. :) Feel free to delete this comment if you'd like, after reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I'm really glad you read through all those. Most definitely a typo! I read over it twice and couldn't figure out what you were talking about. Thankfully, Taylor caught it. So funny!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...