Background

Sunday, November 20, 2011

iphone pregnancy apps

Well I don't have an iphone, but I have an ipod touch which allows me to download the same applications. I'm thankful for them because they let me know what's going on with my body.

Baby is growing fast- now the size of a green olive. And my uterus is the size of a small grapefruit! No wonder it's so uncomfortable down there. I complain about my "stomach" hurting, when really, I think it is my uterus growing and stretching. It's already waaaay past its normal teeny tiny size.

I discovered another symptom today that I read about on a pregnancy app the other day. I'm glad I read about this first because I think I would have freaked out otherwise. The symptom- all these blue veins popping up all over my body. Looks like some kind of weird map!

Here's what the app said:

"What you're seeing is the expanded network of veins that's carrying the increased blood supply needed to nourish your growing fetus...During pregnancy the average woman's blood volume increases by 20 to 40% and the veins have to keep up so they can go with the flow. So consider those blue lines on your body to be a  pregnancy badge of honor: wear them with pride..."

Okay...if you say so...

I'm getting really excited thinking about all the different ways we are going to tell our friends and family that I am pregnant. We've got some pretty cute ideas. :)

I'm really thankful to be working part-time right now. It's not so nice in the money department, but it's so perfect for the first trimester. I don't start working until the afternoons which is awesome because mornings are definitely the hardest. I can barely get myself out of bed to eat breakfast but I know I have to because I'll feel even sicker if I don't eat. Some days it's hard to even get up and go to school in the afternoon- ok most days. Ok everyday really. But I take comfort in the fact that morning sickness and fatigue usually go away by the 2nd trimester...which is in 3 weeks for me! I really hope it goes away then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...