Background

Friday, March 16, 2012

26 week update

STATS:

How far along: 26 weeks.
How big is baby: The size of a hothouse cucumber (what is that?), about 2 lbs. and 14 inches from head to heel

Total Weight gain: +20
 Maternity Clothes: Yes

Sleep: I've been sleeping through the night most nights for about a month now. It's pretty amazing! I've woken up a few times recently in the early morning and every time I feel the baby moving like crazy. So I'm wondering if his movements are waking me up?

Best moment of the week: Last Saturday at our childbirth class, we learned that we-which really means hubby not me- should be practicing light touch massage every day. So even though we haven't done it every day, now he knows that he should be practicing frequently! :)

Food cravings : Nothing out of the ordinary, meaning that just like before I was pregnant, I always love sugary things. I know this is bad. This week I made a peanut butter banana pudding pie and we got yummy homemade sugar cookies in the mail from my mom. Yesterday we went on a White Day date and I got ice cream from Coldstone. I've been bad this week. I know I need to not eat so much sugar. Up until this week, I've been doing really well with it. :(

Food aversions: Onions. Not as bad as the first trimester, though.

Symptoms: I actually haven't had any problems with heartburn this week. It was so bad 2 weeks ago that I drank some baking soda mixed with water. I almost threw it up. It was horrible. But an amazing friend got me a bottle of Tums and I've been a lot better. I went through a lot of Tums last week, but this week I haven't needed it. I haven't had leg cramps for awhile. The main pregnancy-related symptom is these sometimes-bad pains in my stomach called Round Ligament Pains. They happen as the ligaments that run from the uterus to the groin stretch to accomodate the enlarging abdomen. They can be quite painful at times. Sometimes I don't exercise because my stomach is hurting. I kinda wish I could try one of those maternity support belts. Sometimes I walk around with my belly in my hands which makes it feel a little better. Also, my vision has gotten worse. I thought I was just ageing, but come to find out, it's a common side effect of the pregnancy hormones. So my vision should return to normal after the birth, thank goodness. But for now, I have to bring things a little closer to my face to read them. Also, my eyes are dry, which is also thanks to those hormones.


Movement:Yes. He's been moving a lot lately. I upgraded a free app I have called BabyBump so I could use some extra features. One of the newest features is a kick counter. I have fun timing his kicks. Lately, he's been really active in the morning and mid-day. Not so much at night.

Gender: Boy
What I’m looking forward to: The weather warming up so I can exercise outside. 

What I miss: Having a car.
 What I'm thankful for:A healthy baby. A healthy, uncomplicated pregnancy. A wonderful husbands that reads, sings, prays over, and talks to our baby.
Next appt: sometime in the beginning of April.

What is baby doing this week? His eyes are opening and are fully developed. His hearing is becoming even more accute. Baby's blood circulation is completely functional. His brain is more developed and sophisticated.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...