Background

Friday, March 23, 2012

World Doula Week

It's World Doula Week!

I'm so thankful for our doula, Lisa Fincaryk of Birthing in Korea. She has already been an invaluable source of information and support during our pregnancy. She has already helped us find our maternity care provider and birthing center. I would not want to have a baby in Korea without someone like her!

She has provided us with non-judgmental information and support and truly fulfills the role of a "labor support person." She supports mothers in whatever birth they choose to have individually, without judging. I can't wait to experience her support during our baby's birth and in the postnatal care.

Unsure what a doula is? http://resources.thefeministbreeder.com/labor-birth/doulas-partners/the-benefits-of-hiring-a-doula-for-your-birth/

http://www.dona.org/mothers/

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/rebecca-schiller/doula-far-from-faddish_b_1366813.html

1 comment:

  1. YAY FOR DOULA'S!!! Not only do I want a doula for when I have my baby (God-willing), but I want to be in a birthing center and preferably a water birth. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...