STATS:
How far along: 28 weeks- we're officially in the 3rd Trimester!!!How big is baby: About 15 inches/2-3 pounds
Total Weight gain: not sure; my scale at home is wrong so I'm waiting until my dr. appointment on Tuesday. I read that many women experience a lot of weight gain between weeks 27-28 so I'm trying to prepare myself for that.
Maternity Clothes: Yes
Sleep: I'm still sleeping through the night. Sometimes I wake up once in the night but that's it.
Best moment of the week: We've had a lot of good times this week. Baby is really active and I feel him moving a lot throughout the day.
Food cravings : Nope. I still need to be better at watching my sugar intake. I love dessert so much and I always have. But I know it's really important that I control that right now.
Food aversions: The usual culprit- onions. Will I ever like them again after pregnancy? I LOVED onions and garlic before I was pregnant.
Symptoms: Round ligament pains, leg cramps, occasional heartburn.
Movement:This week I noticed a change in his movements. It used to be just a little thump that I could feel and see at one spot on my belly. Now that he's getting bigger, the movements are getting bigger. I think he's laying laterally across my belly because it's really tight on both sides and I'll feel strong movement on the left, then over on the right. So I'm guessing on one end, it's his fist, and the other it's a foot or knee. We'll find out on Tuesday for sure, but I don't think he's head-down yet.
Gender: Boy
What I’m looking forward to: Taking maternity pictures at the end of April
What I miss:nothing
What I'm thankful for:A healthy baby that is growing and maturing. I just want him to be here already!
Next appt:April 3rd
What is baby doing this week? This week he looks like a thinner, redder, more wrinkled version of how he will look at birth. Over the next few weeks more fat will fill out his appearance. His brain is continuing to develop. His muscle tone is also improving which means increased movement.

No comments:
Post a Comment